Cleanse (self portrait)






Well I am now officially finished my most current piece, “Cleanse.”

I can honestly say it has been a long and trying journey, where at times I had doubts I would complete it at all, mainly because of small disasters. such as large holes appearing in sections of the paper (which was painstaking repaired by Dundee University's Paper Restoration Team). Yet the piece still pulled through in the end and am very happy with the outcome.

Back in May before I started working on this piece I wanted to do a bit of soul searching through a self portrait. The final product is a visual metamorphosis of emotion. Looking at Cleanse's final appearance now, there are clear influences of Edvard Munch's, “The Scream.” Cleanse (for me) is about a moment of relief after a time of anguish.

No comments: